Borilla Kindergarten embraces the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline. The QKLG makes a strong commitment to the many experiences and ways of thinking, doing and being that every child and adult brings with them. This curriculum is a process that allows space for initiative and inventiveness, adults and children share responsibility for the learning process through interaction and collaboration.
The Borilla Kindergarten program helps children too:
- Learn about themselves, others and their surroundings, supported by caring educators.
- Cooperate with others and be a part of a larger group
- Listen and respond to directions
- Communicate ideas to other children and adults
- Develop independence, thinking and problem-solving skills
- Develop physical coordination
- Build an understanding of the world around them.
It is important to incorporate a balance of experiences for each child, including opportunities for rest and relaxation. There are many ways a rest/relaxation time can be incorporated into the day. These may include resting on a bed or a variety of quiet experiences such as reading, drawing, puzzle work, as well as other relaxation techniques.
Consideration is given to creating a restful atmosphere which is flexible and responsive to each individual’s needs. You are encouraged to discuss the specific needs of your child, in relation to rest/ relaxation time, with your child’s teacher.